I am a Teacher. I am a Learner. We are successful at Des Moines.
At Des Moines Elementary, we value each of the roles within our community. We view students, families, teachers, and staff as integral components to ongoing success. We see every member of our community as having something to offer, something to gain, and many ways to demonstrate success.
At Des Moines Elementary, we believe that every adult and every child is a TEACHER:
- We all have talents, skills, and expertise to offer.
- We all have unique perspectives to share.
At Des Moines Elementary, we believe that every adult and every child is a LEARNER:
- We identify areas for development.
- We honor mistakes as a step in the learning process.
- We nurture curiosity.
- We create a safe environment for transparent learning and risk taking.
At Des Moines Elementary, we believe that SUCCESS can be measured in many ways:
- By progress toward standards, and also by growth.
- As a group, and also as an individual.
- By outcomes, and also by attitude.