Dear 5th Grade Families,
We are so excited to visit your children at their schools over the next few weeks. At our visit we will share information about Sylvester Middle School and collect information from the students regarding course interest.
The following are scheduled school visits:
- North Hill- March 14, 2022
- Gregory Heights- March 17, 2022
- Marvista- March 18, 2022
- Shorewood- March 21, 2022
- Des Moines- TBD
Students are required to take Math 6, Language Arts 6, Ancient World History, Science 6, PE, a World Language, and one elective. We will be asking students which world language they are most interested in and asking students to rank the elective offerings in order of interest. Below are the course offerings with brief descriptions.
World Language - Choose 1:
- French - An introductory French class
- Spanish - An introductory Spanish class
- Heritage Spanish - a course for students who have some proficiency in Spanish (either because they learned it at home or in a Spanish-speaking community), and for whom a Spanish 1 or 2 course will not be appropriate
If you child is absent the day of our visit, please complete and return the 5th Grade Family Course Options Letter to your child’s teacher by March 31st and we will work with each elementary school to collect the worksheets.