CFAC Plans for Future School Bonds
We have some open seats on our community-led Capital Facilities Advisory Committee (CFAC). Add your name to the lottery by September 25 if you live in Highline and are serious about helping prioritize 10 older schools for future bonds.
This is the committee that recommended the 2016 bond and the proposed 2022 bond that will be on November ballots.
The schools that remain to be prioritized for future school bonds are:
- Beverly Park Elementary School
- Big Picture Middle & High School (Manhattan site)
- Cascade Middle School
- Chinook Middle School
- CHOICE Academy (Woodside site)
- Hilltop Elementary School
- New Start High School
- Seahurst Elementary School
- Sylvester Middle School
- Valley View Early Learning Center
(Evergreen, Tyee and Pacific schools have already been recommended for the 2022 school bond.)
Attend approximately four (4) 2-hour meetings this school year, plus possible school tours for any members who are interested and available. We expect meetings and tours to be in person at this time.
- Wednesday, September 28, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., Central Office boardroom
- Wednesday, November 30, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., Central Office boardroom
- Wednesday, January 25, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., Central Office boardroom
- Wednesday, March 22, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., Central Office boardroom
Half of the CFAC members are residents chosen periodically by lottery and half are appointed by local community organizations, district labor unions and local governments. Find out more about CFAC meetings and membership.
If you would like to enter your name in the CFAC lottery, please fill out this form by Monday, September 26, at 9:00 a.m.
If you have questions, please contact Rosie Eades in Communications at 206-631-3094.
Next Steps for Lottery & CFAC
A lottery drawing will be held on Monday, September 26, at Central Office at noon. You are welcome to attend and watch. If so, please contact Rosie Eades in Communications at 206-631-3094.
Those selected for open seats in one of the four boundary areas for Evergreen, Highline, Mount Rainier or Tyee high schools will be contacted by telephone and email following the lottery drawing.
CFAC members will convene on Wednesday, September 28, at 6:00 p.m. at Central Office in Burien.
Photos of CFAC Members